Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All Good Things Come to an End.

I hate endings.  I really hate goodbyes.  I'm more of a fan of a simple 'see you later' or 'until we meet again.'  Yet, today marks our last day in Greece.  It's been a good trip overall, and although the change of plans happened that took us back to Athens early, I can't help but be very satisfied with this vacation.

So, although it's inevitable for things to come and go, part of me wants to start this trip all over again, and the other part of me cannot wait to go home and start the newest chapter of my life.

The past few nights, we have been able to enjoy going out the Gayborhood of Athens.  This district is fairly close to our hotel and well away from the drama around Parliment.  The people there have been super friendly and hospitable to us the past few nights that I am very excited to end our last night in that very place.  Last evening, while out, our tour director ran into an old friend who he had not seen in years.  While we were chatting with him, he mentioned that we needed to go check out a new business that his ex opened up around the block from where we were.  He took us to a little German sausage shop - think of a hot dog joint, but with authentic German sausage.  We were pretty much in heaven.  Now, for those of you who know, my sister and I love food.  We also love food that is associated with our heritage.  Bascially, we couldn't be happier.

This morning, we woke and headed to an ampitheatre that was constructed in the 6th century BC.  It was absolutely beatiful - the place served as the birthplace of the 'tragedy' and had wonderful acoustics for an outdoor space.  You can even hear a coin drop from rows back - that's how good it is.  So, as we were there, my tour director calls me down to sample again how the acoustics work with a song.  We did another rendition, a reprise if you'd like to call it, of our performance from RENT.  All in all, a good beginning to our last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment