Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Urban Oasis


A week from today, I begin the next chapter of my life and move to Milwaukee.  So, naturally, I have created a 'bucket list' of sorts to mark various places or activities off my list before I head out of Columbus.

A few weeks ago, I was informed there was a real life waterfall in the city.  I thought... OK... I mean it's a waterfall, but it can't be that spectacular, can it?  So, to find out exactly what this place is all about, my friend and I checked it out.  

I was in awe.  Right in the middle of the hustle and bustle, there is a little oasis just off of 33 - Griggs Nature Reserve.  Upon arrival, you take a set of wooden steps that wind into a little haven with greenery and rock formations surrounding you with a canopy of trees above.  As you wind down this path - a waterfall appears.  

To make things even more spectacular, there was a group of people swimming in the falls - so although I have now seen the waterfall itself, I have added yet another addition to the list - I too am planning a trip back to have an afternoon playing in the waterfall.  

I think Jon Muir sums up my experience perfectly through one of his many inspiring quotes, "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." 

1 comment:

  1. This looks just like one I went to at Hocking Hills last weekend!

    ReplyDelete