Monday, June 20, 2011

American Girl Goes Greek


The past week has truly been a whirlwind of change - I grauated with my Master's Degree, packed up my life in Columbus, moved to Milwaukee, made a pit stop in Chicago, attended a wedding, spent Father's Day with my loved ones... leading up to today where I am shipping off to the nation of Greece.

I've done some traveling abroad in my past, but this is the first vacation I have taken in a long time for myself (technically, this trip is my graduation present to myself - I truly believe in self-care, so I think I deserve this).  I have always been facsintated with Greek culture through watching 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding,' 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,' and have seen 'Mamma Mia' both on stage and on the big screen.  And although I know that the media portrayl of Greek culture is not 100% accurate, I cannot wait to spend hours on the shores of the Mediterranean, soaking in the sun, feeling the cool breeze coming off the water as I explore the Greek Isles.

My hope is to share my adventures as I'm abroad - so I'm crossing my fingers for some internet access along the way.   Antío sas!

No comments:

Post a Comment