Sunday, June 26, 2011

Santorini

The reason I booked my trip to Greece was primarily for a chance to visit the island of Santorini.  I am a big fan of the 'Traveling Pants' movies and hoped that the images in the movies lived up to the beauty of the island.  Let me tell you - it surpassed it.

How many people can say they climbed a volcano, swam in the sea, hung out in a hot spring, ate on a little island of 250 people, and watched the sunset on an island all in one day?  This girl.  Seriously, that recaps an epic day on a beautiful island.  Today marked some items off my bucket list, and I am happy to report that there is still more to come.  It's crazy to think we only have 4 days left of this trip, so I am going to soak it in as best as I can.  Carpe diem.

Some highlights of the day:
1. Sang the music from RENT with my tour director at the top of the volcano
2. Jumped from a sailboat into the Aegean Sea and then swam to a hot spring
3. Ate lobster for lunch that cost around $10 because we were on a little shipping island where everything was caught fresh
4. We ended our day watching the sunset from some of the most famous images of Greece out there.

I say, all in all, a successful day in Greece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment