Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jaws + Educational Programming = Shark Week


As I spend my Sunday evening on the Facebook, updating and such, I couldn't help but notice the number of friends who have a status in anticipation of what's to come in the next week on the Discovery Channel...  Yes, ladies and gentleman, it's that time of year again, Shark Week has arrived.

Those who have dedicated their status to the cause tend to belong to the male population.  I would like to say that I do not think Shark Week is geared toward the opposite gender... I get the draw of it all.  I mean, I was a huge fan of the sharks featured in Finding Nemo... and in addition to their keen sense of humor,  they are extremely powerful (remember that story of the surfer girl who had her arm taken off in one bite? Craziness.).   I personally would never want to get in the way of a hungry shark... not really my ideal way to spend a day.  

(Side Note: I'm also a huge fan of the camp song, "baby shark."  And although it has nothing really to do with Shark Week, it does get me excited in a similar fashion.)

So, happy Shark Week, everyone!  Enjoy the celebration of all things shark! (At least, on The Discovery channel, that is...).

1 comment:

  1. I happen to know a smokin' hot brunette who is ALL about shark week. Though, I think she works for a scuba outfitters company... errr something like that.

    ReplyDelete