Sunday, February 20, 2011

That's Such a Samantha Thing To Say...

I would say one of the greatest things a gal can have is a great group of girlfriends.  I would also like to add that I think I'm very fortunate to have some ladies near and dear to my heart and we are there for each other through think and thin.

Every time I think about the great friendships I have... I can't help but think about the ladies of Sex & The City - you know, Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha.  In college, my roommates and I used to sit around for hours watching marathons of the show, choosing which character fit which girl (according to them, I'm Charlotte).  I think by naming ourselves after characters helps us to feel more connected to the show and to one another.  I can imagine, just like the ladies in the show, being in my 30s meeting weekly with my gals over breakfast for our latest gossip. The women are fierce, fashion forward, and independent.  It may seem corny to say, but they empower me to live likewise.

I was fortunate enough to have my two best friends from college down to Columbus for the weekend, and let me tell you, when the three of us are together, it is nothing short of a good time.  We got to go out on the town, shop, and catch up on our latest gossip. And although we live hundreds of miles apart, it feels sometimes as if time has never passed.

And to make the weekend end the right way... how did we spend our Saturday night?  Eating junk food and watching Sex & The City.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment