Monday, February 14, 2011

Is it all a hype?


For the first time in a long time I find myself single on Valentine's Day.  And I'm OK with it.  Why?  Because my mom is my Valentine.  And so are all my closest friends.  

So although I sometimes think it to be nice to celebrate this day (as many of the people sitting around me are) with a significant other on a nice date, I'd like to argue that it's all just a hype.  I mean, I do like the idea of getting flowers or candy, but I can always get those for myself... As some of you know, I have an active sweet tooth and have to buy cookies and ice cream frequently to help that out.  And who doesn't love to buy flowers to spruce up your apartment?  I know that others refer to this day as 'single awareness day'... and sure, I guess I'm aware of this because I am taking the time to write this post... but I would prefer to think of today as like every other day where you get to remind your closest friends and family how much you truly care and love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment