Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Tiny Detail Can Change It All

The other day, out of the blue, I received a text message from my best friend that stated, "I wish Sirius and Lupin killed Peter Pettigrew.  Then Sirius would of been a free man.  Would of been more interesting and less frustrating."  


For those of you who have no idea what she was referencing, I suggest you look into reading the Harry Potter Series.  For those who know what I'm talking about - doesn't that short message say a lot?  For many of us, Harry Potter was a huge piece of our childhood.  I know that I for one re-read the series at the very least 5 times.  And although these characters are just that, fictional, I can't help but to think of how such a small detail could have changed the course of the series.  Now, for those of you familiar with the story line - I know that if this did happen, then He Who Must Not Be Named would have never been fully brought back and the looming thought of his return could have lasted much longer than Harry's 7 years at Hogwarts.


This message got me thinking - how many times could one little detail change the course of something already set in motion?  Just some food for thought. I know we can never change what has happened, but it is important to know the power of our choice.  As in the case of Harry Potter, it could have changed the story line in a very important way.  And all because of a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment