Friday, December 23, 2011

A Festivus Miracle


Today, December 23rd, many Americans celebrate the holiday of Festivus.  On this day, many celebrate the traditions of the airing of the grievences as well as wresling the host after the Fesitivus Feast.  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about - check out the link above.  Or watch some Sienfeld.

Festivus is also marked with many miracles... or things that are totally ordinary on any other day, but because it takes place on Festivus, it's a mircle.  I witnessed one of these miracles today and I thought it was important to share.  As my father and I were at the check out counter at our local market, the man in front of us experienced some difficultly having his credit card swiped.  After multiple cleanings of the magnetic strip by the check-out lady, who very much so reminded me of the Target Lady, made the sign of the cross (no joke - I am in Western Michigan right now, ya know) to the register and behold - the transaction went through!  It truly was a Festivus miralce!

No comments:

Post a Comment