Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Who Run the World (Girls)

I think this world is in some serious need of some strong independent women, or as a friend of mine puts it, an SIW.  Not saying they don't exist, but I think they need to come out of the woodwork or something.

One of my best friends called me a while back and told me to write a blog about being an independent woman.  At the time, I had no idea what that really meant or what I would write about.  I imagined that it would turn into a Carrie Bradshaw like column.  And although I can appreciate Sex and the City and often draw parallels to my own life, I didn't want to be unoriginal.

I guess as of late, I've been hearing or witnessing far too many stories about women who rely on men to create their happiness.  I recently heard of someone going on a first date and the woman telling him she loved him. Really?  On a first date?  Let's be serious - on a first date, you typically don't know the person well enough to make judgment about anything, especially love.  These women I think in some manner have not found total happiness in their own life and are looking for someone to fill in this void.  Ladies, you should be happy with you - and at the end of the day, you are you're own best friend.  Enjoy your life.  Don't settle for less than greatness.  And it's OK to be OK with being single.  It's crazy how much someone can learn about themselves.  Then, when you least expect it, you could find someone who you can be co-pendent with, not dependent.

And to give you some inspiration to be an SIW, who better than Beyonce'?


2 comments:

  1. I gotta say, that video didn't really work for me, you know what men are like, it looks too much like bloodshed about to happen...

    ReplyDelete