Thursday, August 4, 2011

98 Degrees and Rising...

For those of you who think this post refers to the recent heat wave seen across the country, you are surely mistaken.  The title of this post actually is the name of former boy band 98 Degrees' album.  I felt like a shout out was in order.

Typically, when I get ready in the morning, I like to listen to music or sing.  Somehow, a memory came to me of when I was about 12 years old.  It was the grand opening of this mall called Mackey's World right in downtown Grand Rapids.  My mom, sister, and I headed down to the opening, and found out there would be a performance by a group called 98 Degrees.  I was so excited, even though I had no clue who they were.  The only hit they had out was Invisible Man.  After that moment, I was hooked on all things boy band. In the next year or two I saw both 98 Degrees and NSYNC twice on the stage.  (Side note: I wasn't a big BSB fan - although I could appreciate them.  And although this is way past the popular days of NKOTB, I had a pillow case with their faces on it that I can distinctly remember.)

So, in honor of 98 Degrees, I thought I'd dedicate this Thursday to their first single, Invisible Man.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment