Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thought of the Day...

When I'm sitting around thinking about nothing, I sometimes like to check The Washington Post.  They have a daily section entitled: 'Today In History'.  I fell in love with this section of their paper - as my Stanford friends would know since I posted a fun fact daily from this site.  To me, I find it fascinating to think about monumental things that happened on this very day.  Sometimes, it's absolutely mind blowing.

For example, to keep on my Royal Family kick, today marks the Wedding Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip.  I find that to be a nice little fun-fact.

But what really got me was the thought of the day, and I thought I'd share it with you all - it's a quote that sums up the American Dream....

"People, when they first come to America, whether as travelers or settlers, become aware of a new and agreeable feeling: that the whole country is their oyster." - Alistair Cooke, British-born American journalist and broadcaster (1908-2004).

Now that's inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment