Wednesday, November 17, 2010

He's Off the Market

So I'm in the gym the other morning, doing my usual cardio warm up when I notice national news going crazy due to Prince William's engagement to Kate Middleton.

I was PUMPED.

I have to say that I am a fan of a lot of things in life, but nothing trumps my fascination with the Royal family. 

Why?  I have no clue.  All I know is I've been a super-fan of the princes at a young age - as Prince Harry's picture hung in my locker in 8th grade.  That's right, I've liked his red hair since day one.  I even tried to see him in person when I lived in NYC - not many famous people can get me running all over New York, that's for sure.

I have to say it's interesting to note how much Americans take interest in the happenings of the Windsor family.  It seems funny because a long time ago, the founding fathers of this country moved here to get away from the British hierarchy.  I know that the system is not the same and not at all what it once was... but I also find it interesting that we have become so fixated on it.  I mean, who wouldn't want to live a life of luxury?  And I would say the princes are something nice to look at.  So, to get a few glimpses of this luxurious life through national news while I get to gaze at some good looking chaps, to me, is a time well spent. 

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about this the other night too. I think its because we all grow up hearing about princesses in the US in movies and books like they are fantasy. To think that there really are princes and princesses seems unreal and is completely fascinating!

    ReplyDelete