Monday, November 22, 2010

This is YOUR year Harry Potter!

Think back to the year 2007... times were simpler then, right?  Well, maybe they were for me as I was still in college living the good life.  My roommates and I were OBSESSED with Harry Potter and made it a point to go to the midnight showing that year - maybe it was the release of the 5th movie?  Anyway, we're sitting in the theater waiting for the show to start - observing those who chose to dress up.  All of a sudden, from behind us, this guy shouts "Harry Potter '07, this is your year Harry Potter!!!"  I about DIED.  Absolutely hilarious. 

Since this occurrence, I have brought this phrase (adjusting the year and movie title) to any midnight showing that I've attended with friends since this moment... these include, but are not limited to: Dark Night, Twilight, and High School Musical 3.

I so wanted to attend the movie this past Friday at Midnight, but my sister was coming into town so I waited to see it with her that Saturday morning because I'm nice like that.  So, we go see it and I was very impressed with the film in general.  I can remember when I started reading the HP series in 6th grade and it's just so epic that I've been able to see the pictures from my imagination come to life.  For a lot of my friends and people around the globe - we grew up with Harry Potter.  It's crazy to think that soon the excitement will all be over once the second half of the 7th books hits theaters in July 2011.  You better believe I'll be there at Midnight, hopefully surrounded by good friends, ready to shout the epic phrase, "Harry Potter '11, this is your year Harry Potter!"

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, you'll be happy to know that Whit has finally convinced me to read the Harry Potter books. I'm going to start reading the first book this weekend -- I'm excited to be able to finish them watch the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I knew she would get you to do it eventually! :) I'm excited to hear what you think about them!

    ReplyDelete