Sunday, November 20, 2011

Indie Music and Hipster Staches


After the summer of 2010, I realized something.... I left my heart in San Francisco.  So naturally, I had to come back to the city by the Bay.  When I was out here last summer, I wanted so very badly to attend some shows in the city.  I was able to go, but due to the CalTrain schedule, was unable to see the show in its entirety.  This trip was going to be different.

Last night, we were fortunate to score tickets to the Blind Pilot show.  If you have no idea who this is, please check them out.  They are a great and if you like what you hear of their recordings, imagine it being that much better live.  

To couple this amazing music experience, I was surrounded by my favorite counter-culture throughout the entirety of the evening, hipsters.  We saw a fair variety of mustaches and thick rimmed glasses.  Folks were enjoying cheap adult beverages and were wearing a good amount of flannel.  I pretty much was in hipster heaven.

To top the evening off, Blind Pilot decided to give an encore where on their last song, came off the stage, had the audience sit on the floor and without microphones or anything fancy sang this tune: 3 Rounds and a Sound.

What an amazing way to end a night in the city.  And it's moments like this where I hold firm to thinking San Francisco is the greatest American City.

No comments:

Post a Comment