Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Taking It Back Tuesday...

Let's take it back to 1999.  Life was simpler then, right? A time where we believed in Y2K and overplayed one of Prince's greatest greatest hits.


As I was standing at the corner of 16th and Wisconsin, anticipating a light change to cross the street to head to the gym, I was passed by a bus that in large letters along the side was the name "CLEOPATRA."  And although many of you may have begun to think of the woman Elizabeth Taylor once portrayed on the big screen, I happened to get carried back to 1999.  Some of you may already know this about me, but I tend to operate through music.  At times in conversation, I may hear something and it reminds me of a song lyric - sometimes to to point that I start singing.  So, when I read the name, my mind immediately went to a song by the 90s female British R&B group Cleopatra.  That's right, three pre-teen sisters singing a song called Cleopatra's Theme where they even, multiple times, spell out Cleopatra.  Wow, what a song.


To give you a better idea of what I'm talking about, why don't you too go back to 1999 and check out this hidden gem of a song:



No comments:

Post a Comment