Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Half Tops are Fresh?

This morning while at the gym, I bore witness to something that I have never seriously seen in person.... a half top. And not just any half top... a male half top.  This guy was wearing a neon yellow tee cut right across the middle to reveal his abdomen.  To top off the look - he wore biker shorts.  


My only half top encounter prior to this occasion happened back in the day when I lived in Pure Michigan.  A friend of mine from back home had a t-shirt that once read, "half tops are fresh."  It had an image of a man wearing a half top on it.  He then made the shirt itself a half top - irony at its finest.  And that individual now works for Funny or Die.  Totally makes sense.  


And this isn't the only interesting expression in clothing I've noticed while working on my fitness.  Since I've been on my yoga kick, I've noticed plenty of interesting outfits while at the studio.  When you're in a room of approximately 100 degrees (once again, I wish I was joking), you tend to be a minimalist when it comes to clothing.  My favorite fashionista: Tiger Short Man.  This man dons a large fro sometimes worn completely picked out, other times worn half up - and short shorts with a tiger design.  He is amazing.  He is my favorite.  


Both Half Top Man and Tiger Short Man prove that the gym serves as another venue for one to express themselves through clothing.  So what if a half top looks a bit out of place and tiger shorts went out of style in the 80s?  It's a free country - dress how you want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment