Thursday, April 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday

This morning as I was getting ready, my Pandora station (Lady Gaga radio, naturally.  No judgment. I felt like dancing this morning as I got ready.)  played a little bit of Usher.  Yes, folks - Usher Raymond.  One word can only describe my love for him - yummy.  


Not only is Usher a great singer, performer, and dancer he has also brought about some iconic trends like the roller shoes - you know what I'm talking about... those sneakers with the wheels on the heels.  I remember this guy I went to high school with had a pair and he also frequently chose to wear a black trench coat unbuttoned and as he turned corners would glide on his shoes and the coat would billow in the breeze...


Back to Usher - he is amazing.  I think my love also stems from the fact that I associate Usher with certain times in my life like the song "Yeah" makes me think of freshman year of college and riding in my friend's car around Kalamazoo, MI.  So as Usher was singing about how the DJ got him falling in love again, this little jam popped into my head and I needed to share.  It's a throw back for sure, and an absolute Usher classic.  It also has a West Side Story/Beat It sort of feel to it with a bit of a rumble and Tyrese is featured, which makes the video one of my all time favorites.  So, join me on this Throwback Thursday and enjoy the song "My Way" by Usher.


1 comment: